MAKITA JS 1602 – CONVINIENT SHEAR MACHINE 1.6mm / 380w
- Motor housing with a 180mm circumference
- Motor housing and rear cover ergonomically and uniquely ribbed for sure and comfortable finger hold
- Conveniently located side switch can be rotated for left handed users
- 4-sided blades for longevity
- POWER : Powerful 3.3 AMP motor delivers 4,000 SPM for the most demanding applications
- COMFORT : Small Circumference Barrel Grip (only 2-1/4”)
- PERFORMANCE : Engineered for continuous operation in 16 gauge mild steel and 18 gauge stainless steel
- CONVENIENCE : Lock-on slide switch for continuous operation & built-in thickness gauge
- INCLUDES : Wrench, shear blade set
The Makita 16 Gauge Shear (model JS1602) combines power and improved ergonomics for a range of metal cutting applications. The powerful 3.3 AMP motor delivers 4,000 SPM, with a minimum cutting radius of 1-3/16” for precision applications. Additional features include a lock-on switch for continuous operation, and a built-in thickness gauge for added convenience.
The JS1602 weighs only 3.4 lbs. with a small circumference barrel grip (only 2-1/4”) for added comfort. The JS1602 is engineered for cutting sheet metal and metal decking, and is ideal for a full range of applications including production sheet metal, architectural sheet metal, sheet metal fabrication, decking, roofing, signs, and more.
- Powerful 3.3 AMP motor delivers 4,000 SPM for the most demanding applications
- Smaller circumference barrel grip (only 2-1/4”) for added comfort
- Refined design at only 3.4 lbs. for increased control
- Lock-on slide switch for continuous operation
- Built-in thickness gauge for added convenience
- Engineered for continuous operation in 16 gauge mild steel and 18 gauge stainless steel
- Large easily replaceable blades with 8 cutting edge each
- Engineered to cut without the material loss in kerf typically associated with nibblers
- Highly visible line-of-sight for precise pattern following
- Engineered for cutting sheet metal and metal decking
- Capacity (aluminum) : 13 ga. ( mm)
- Capacity (mild steel) : 16 ga. ( mm)
- Capacity (stainless) : 18 ga. ( mm)
- Strokes Per Minute : 4,000 SPM
- Cutting Radius : 1-3/16″
- AMPS : 3.3
- Overall Length : 12-1/2″
- Net Weight : 3.4 lbs.
- Capacity (mild steel, ga.) : 16 ga.
- Capacity (stainless, ga.) : 18 ga.
- 360° rotating head : No
- Power Type : Corded
- Shipping Weight : 4.9 lbs.